What are the attributes of a successful retailer? Consider the following:
- Fewer absences among staffers
- Lower turnover rates and, conversely, longer retention rates for your staffers
- A more positive relationship with customers, leading to stronger customer loyalty and a better customer experience
- Less merchandise shrinkage
- Even better health and well-being among staffers
Incredibly, there is a single force driving all of these positive outcomes that grow your business. In every case, research shows these positive attributes are caused by greater employee engagement.
The newest report from CCRRC North America NACS, titled “People Power for C-Stores,” focuses on employee engagement and outlines countless steps companies and individual managers can take to amp up performance. Readers can use various parts of the report, including some video interviews, to find easy measures to mimic and utilize.